ENROLMENTS are open for 2018
The Duntroon Playschool is an early childhood program licensed by the A.C.T. Department of Disability, Housing and Community Services. The Playschool was established in July 1992, in response to a Defence Community need for a 3 Year Old Program. The needs identified by the Defence Community were;
- recognition of the impact of mobility on social opportunities for children in the year before they started preschool,
- the need for a service that would be accessible to service families without competing with civilian families for a place on waiting lists,
- to provide social contact opportunities for new families moving into the Canberra area, and
- to provide resources and information to families.
The Playschool program is a non-profit community service, run by the Duntroon Community Centre Inc and offers a play based, child centred program in a caring and nurturing environment supported by a qualified teacher and assistant. The Playschool offers indoor and outdoor play times, music, dance, language and story experiences. The Playschool operates Monday to Friday, 9.30 am – 12.30 pm, during ACT school terms. Up to twenty two children are enrolled in each session.
To be eligible, children must be three years old. Whilst preference is given to children of Defence families, we are able to accept enrolments from the general community when vacancies exist. The Duntroon Playschool Placement policy details how placement priorities are allocated.
ITEMS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE
No uniform is mandatory, however, we have found that the children enjoy wearing our colourful Playschool T-shirts and jumpers. Please see the selection in Reception.
Playschool Jumpers $27.50
Playschool T-shirts $16.50
The forms required for enrolment can be found on our Forms & Policies page.
Please ensure you read:
- Playschool Parent Handbook 2018
You will need to download and complete the following forms:
- 3-year old Playschool Enrolment Form 2018
- Photography Consent Form 2018
- Volunteer Nomination Form 2018
Birth Certificate, immunisation certificates and any medical action plans are also required.
Once completed, please mail the hardcopy, together with the required non-refundable $100 deposit to:
Duntroon Community Centre
PO Box 7915
Canberra BC ACT 2610
Should you have any queries about the Playschool program, please contact the Coordinator on 02 6265 9411 or email email@example.com.