ENROLMENTS are now open for 2018
Forms required for enrolment are:
- DCC Annual Membership Form 2018
- 3-year old Playschool Enrolment Form 2018
- Photography Consent Form 2018
- Playschool Parent Handbook 2018
- Volunteer Nomination Form 2018
Birth Certificate, immunisation certificate and any medical action plans are also required
Once downloaded and completed, please mail the hardcopy, together with the required non-refundable $100 deposit, to:
Duntroon Community Centre
PO Box 7915
Canberra BC ACT 2610
The Duntroon Playschool was established in July 1992, in response to a Defence Community need for a 3 Year Old Program. The needs identified by the Defence Community were;
- recognition of the impact of mobility on social opportunities for children in the year before they started preschool,
- the need for a service that would be accessible to service families without competing with civilian families for a place on waiting lists,
- to provide social contact opportunities for new families moving into the Canberra area, and
- to provide resources and information to families.
The Duntroon Playschool is an early childhood program licensed by the A.C.T. Department of Disability, Housing and Community Services. The Playschool program is a non-profit community service, run by the Duntroon Community Centre Inc and offers a play based, child centred program in a caring and nurturing environment supported by a qualified teacher and assistant. The Playschool offers indoor and outdoor play times, music, dance, language and story experiences.
To be eligible, children must be three years old. Whilst preference is given to children of Defence families, we are able to accept enrolments from the general community when vacancies exist. The Duntroon Playschool Placement policy details how placement priorities are allocated.
Click here for the Playschool Information Handbook
Click here for the Placement Policy
Should you have any queries about the Playschool program, please contact the Coordinator on phone 02 6265 9411 or email email@example.com